November Games Quarterly Magazine Details
Games Quarterly Magazine has announced the final meat and potato details of their next issue scheduled to hit magazine racks this November. The magazine will ship with a twelve tile expansion to Carcassonne, and include an exclusive premier of a so far unannounced title from Days of Wonder (publisher of Memoir '44 and Ticket to Ride).
The Company Line: Games Quarterly is marking numerous milestones as a leading magazine for games. In the coming issue we begin a three-issue exclusive serialization of a new fantasy story by New York Times best-selling author Ed Greenwood, titled Castlemourn. Castlemourn is a new post-apocalyptic fantasy role playing game setting coming from Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd.
Games Quarterly #11 includes a brand new 12-piece expansion for Rio Grande Game's award winning game Carcassonne™, polybagged in each copy.
Games Quarterly has great coverage of all types of non-electronic games. With fantastic extras like The Great River of Catan™ in GQM10 and the Carcassonne™ Expansion in GQM11 it’s worth far more than cover price. The ensuing three issues already have game expansions planned, alternating between Mayfair Games in issues 12 and 14 and Rio Grande Games in issue 13.
Also in GQM11:
- Interviews with NPR’s Puzzlemaster & NY Times Crossword Editor Will Shortz and TV’s CSI Creator Anthony Zuiker on his new CSI: SENSES The Game by Specialty Board Games.
- Wizards of the Coast Expands Dreamblade
- Detailed plans for the huge Games Expo 2007
- Days of Wonder unveils their next incredible game
- Front Porch Classics’ Word Count
- Bruce Whitehill's The European Scene
- A preview of Mongoose Publishing's Battlefield Evolution
- Profiles of National Games Week Sponsors
- Word Up!– Games to build vocabulary in the classroom
- Coverage of all kinds of non-electronic games.
- All your favorite columns plus a few surprises we’ve cooked up.
Games Quarterly #11 will reach game stores, book stores and newsstands worldwide in the second week of November, cover price $4.95, $5.95 Canadian. Release date is November 8. Ask your local store for every issue. Subscriptions are available by phone.
Read More in: Gaming Culture | Gaming News
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Critical Gamers for all the latest news.
Posted by Critical Gamers Staff at October 12, 2006 3:15 PM