D&D 4th Edition Worldwide Gameday Announced
Wizards of the Coast has announced a D&D 4th Edition Game Day at gaming and hobby stores across the world. The date: Saturday June 7th, 2008 - the day after the rumored official D&D release day (and the historic D-Day) when the 4th Edition Players Handbook [Amazon] is released in stores. Mark your calendars.
So far the details are tailored to store owners looking to get a Gameday kit, but that doesn't mean there aren't juicy bits. The day should be centered around an introductory adventure to partake with a few friends, as well as a introductory rule book (unfortunate there won't be any full-scale players handbooks given for free). Here's a list of the schwag that comes with the kit, some of which you should expect your Hobby Store should be tossing your way on June 7th:
"WHAT DOES THE EVENT KIT CONTAIN?
The kit is designed to support 30 players. You get:
- 5 bags of miniatures and dice to run the adventure
- 5 sets of 5 different character sheets for the adventure
- 5 full color maps for the adventure
- 5 copies of the launch event adventure Into the Shadowhaunt
- Fun trivia events including Monster Charades, d20 Questions, 4th Edition Trivia and Dungeon Feud
- D&D Miniatures event rules
- Instructions on how to run a fun, action-packed 4th edition Game Day"
For more information see the official www.dndgameday.com website, which promises more updates as we get closer to June. The official D&D 4th Edition Players Handbook [Amazon] launches the new system Friday June 6th, 2008.
Read More in: Gaming News | RPGs
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Critical Gamers for all the latest news.
Posted by Critical Gamers Staff at April 15, 2008 2:22 PM