Now Shipping: Memoir '44: Pacific Theater
The latest Days of Wonder expansion to their Memoir '44 [Amazon,Funagain] WWII tactical board game is now shipping to stores. Memoir '44 Pacific Theater [Amazon, Funagain] includes 8 historic scenarios including the battles of: Wake Island, Guadalcanal, Guam, and Iwo Jima. Of course the title adds new pieces (what expansion wouldn't?) including new destroyers, aircraft carriers, and for you land lubbers the new map add jungles, rice paddies, cave networks, field hospitals and HQ supply tents to the mix.
The Official Line: From the jungles of Japanese-occupied Burma to the desolate slopes of long-forgotten atolls, discover this latest exciting expansion for Memoir '44! The Pacific Theater expansion introduces new units (Chindits, Japanese Giretsu Special Forces, US Marines), new weapons (Mobile Artillery, Flame throwing Tanks), new terrains and features (rope bridges, aircraft carriers, warships, caves...) and new figures (Japanese Infantry, Ha-Go Light Tanks and 75mm AA Guns), and more...
Revive some of the most ferocious battles of WWII like Iwo Jima or Okinawa! Use new rules, like the Japanese "Banzai!" war cry or the Marines' "Gung Ho" rally cry to win the battle!
- A complete Japanese Army set including 48 Japanese infantrymen,
- 12 Type 95 "Ha-Go" light tanks and 6 Type 98 75mm anti-aircraft guns
- New rules including: the Seishin Kyoiku Doctrine, Banzai & Gung-Ho War Cry!
- New Night Attacks Data Sheet
- 44 new double-sided Terrain tiles including: jungles, cave networks, rice paddies, HQ-Supply Tents & Hospitals
- 10 Round Markers including: Japanese medals, targeting cross-hairs, camouflage battle stars & minefield tokens
- 4 Obstacles including: rope bridges, & new War Ships - destroyers & aircraft carriers
- 14 new Special Forces badges: including the Chindits, Japanese Giretsu & more
- 8 Historical Scenarios: from the early landing on Wake Island to the heavy fighting off the slopes of Guadalcanal, from the Japanese counter-attack on Guam to the Meat Grinder at Iwo Jima. Also includes the landing at Peleliu in Overlord format!
Memoir '44: Pacific Theater is available from Amazon and Funagain Games.
Read More in: Board Games | Gaming News
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Critical Gamers for all the latest news.
Posted by Critical Gamers Staff at June 14, 2006 2:51 PM